06/11/2012

Yorkshire Dales 3 Peaks Challenge. "Let's just get on with it"

Well, it's with great regret that an Airsoft friend of mine passed away  on Oct 29th, after suffering with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. You can read a little of his story HERE on the Daily Mail website.

Today is his funeral, but I'm unable to attend due to work commitments, which is quite saddening.

Due to such a sad loss or a great man, and his families wishes for people to support the Anthony Nolan Trust, I am planning, in 2013, to do the Yorkshire Dales 3 Peaks Challenge.
The challenge takes on/around the Pen-Y-Ghent, Ingleborough and Whernside hills in the Yorkshire Dales.
The route will take in 26 miles and 5250ft ascent/descent, all within 12 hours (usually).
With Rob being a 'man of action' though, and always challenging himself to be the best, I may look at shortening this time if I feel it can be done quicker by the team.

I say 'team' as I know that when I let more people know about this, they will join in, I may however just open it to those of Cerberus Airsoft, which is where I know Rob from.

Keep your eyes peeled here, and I shall be advertising the date this is going to happen, as soon as I have plans confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment