12/11/2012

Whernside at the end of the week.

Seing as a couple of us will be doing Whernside at the end of the week, I guessed I would need some more suitable kit.
Happliy, I found a Berghaus 35 Ltr rucksack up in the loft, so I can't overload myself with gear, neither do I have to cram it all into a 25 Ltr rucksack.
I bought a treking pole, even though I should use them in pairs! I also bough some water repellant trousers, Regatta Geo's, which will also keep me warmer than my Nosi-Life's.
I have some gas for my stove, which hasn't arrived yet!!!

I'm looking forward to it, as I haven't done it before, but I understand it's a long slog.
We will be setting off from the Ribblehead Viaduct, and completing the 7.5 mile, 1500ft ascent walk.
I think we're down to just me and Rixy (Jake)
Steve doesn't have suitable gear, Scott will have to be up early (1am) Monday for work, and Jools has family commitments. Brother Dave STILL isn't fit for purpose yet, so he can bloody well behave himself and sit at home haha.

It's the highest of Yorkshire Peaks, and one of the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge, which we are looking to do next year in memory of a friend, and to support the Anthony Nolan Trust, as his family requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment