24/10/2012

Mountain Rescue Teams.

They are there for a reason.

You'll see that a couple if weeks ago, I blogged about my Brother twisting his ankle at the top of Simon's Seat. Being a grown man (most of the time :D) I wasn't going to force him to call the local MRT (which would have been UWFRA)
Well, I bet he wished he had dented his pride a little now.
Because he chose to hobble down the 3.5 miles, I think he has caused permanent damage.
Physio have decided, that he has severed the ligaments on the outside of his ankle, and they won't repair.
It's not all bad. He can build the muscles up around the ankle, and a bit of physio will sort it out, bit it will be forever weak!

So folks, as bad as you may feel calling your local mountain rescue team out, think of the consequences before continuing to keep your pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment