10/04/2013

Why St John?

Why have I chosen to volunteer for St John?
Why am I taking such an interest in the health care sector?

I think it is partly because I'm fed up having spent the last 15 years or so working with the same few people. I have nothing against them in the slightest (well most of them anyway), but I want to be part of a larger team, part of an organisation that cares. Oart of a uniform that means something.

Humanity seems to have gone from the majority of people. I still have it, and I want to put it to good use.

To think that 7 months ago I knew nothing about first aid, took an Emergency First Aid At Work course and would now consider a profession in Health Care.

Add to the fact that I want to be able to keep my boys safe, I want somebody to be able to say 'that guy saved me', and most of all, I want to have been a help to people at some point in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment